Followers

Monday 12 June 2017

ALCOHOL INKS, A STRAW AND CARD WINNER!

Hello and welcome...
Following yesterday's cards of wintery scenes I thought it best to have a splash of colour today and here is the card!

A very quick card to create, you will never make two the same and ideal for the younger people in your life, or, change the sentiment and it would be suitable for virtually anyone!

INGREDIENTS:
  • DL white card base
  • black and white foundation card by Creative Expressions (CE)
  • chrome gloss foundation card (CE)
  • alcohol inks in; cool pearl, lemonade and raspberry ~ Tim Holtz/Ranger
  • birthday wishes die ~ Expressions Collection ~ Sue Wilson/(CE)
  • cosmic shimmer dries clear PVA glue
  • one straw


  • You must use gloss card for this technique otherwise the alcohol inks will just soak into ordinary card and leave 'dollops' of the ink
  • I cut a piece of white gloss card 7.75" x 3.25" then dropped some raspberry alcohol ink onto it and gently blew the ink using a straw.  I did this several times with the raspberry then the same with the cool pearl and finally lemonade
  • The ink dries practically instantly!
  • I mounted the gloss card onto a very thin black mat then adhered it onto the base card
  • I die cut 2 of the sentiments in black card and one in white.  Glued the 2 black together then glued this onto the white card, overlapping slightly, to give a shadow effect

The winner of Saturday's card is
PAM
please email me with your postal address to:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message.
June x

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: