Followers

Thursday 25 May 2017

THURSDAY TUTORIAL ~ AND NOT WHAT TO DO!!

Hello and welcome...
It's so annoying when you have finished making a card to then smudge it just as you're ready to photograph it!  I caught the centre of 2 flowers leaning over to position my card which is why I have had to glue a huge black dazzler to the centre of one flower and there's a smaller centre just down from it that was also smudged...grrrr LOL
You will see what I mean now
  • the base is a white 5"x7" scalloped card
  • I cut mats and layers decreasing an eighth of an inch in sherbet and black foundation card by Creative Expressions
  • I then cut 3 circles from white card stock using the doubled pierced circles die set by SW for CE as a 'stencil'
  • this was then placed onto the top card 
  • I stamped the images using a flower stamp by CE with StazOn black ink 
  • as I already had Pixie Powder 'Sun Yellow' and 'Lava Red' in my painting palette I add a little water to activate the powders and coloured in the flowers
  • I used a Spectrum noir pencil 050 to colour the leaves
my apologies as I am unable to capture how pretty the pixie powders are, the mica in them really makes them shine and 'pop'
  • I stamped two freebie sentiments onto my card using a black StazOn ink pad
  • I attached a thin, white satin ribbon around the layers and adhered it to the card
  • to complete I added small, white flat back pearls in 3 places and Cosmic Shimmer Black PVA to all the centres of the flowers.... which is how I came to smudge the PVA glue and had to replace 1flower head with a black dazzler! 
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message.
June x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card and tutorial. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: