Followers

Monday 22 May 2017

NEW CHALLENGE AT CRAFTY CARDMAKERS ~ FLORAL PROFUSION

Hello and welcome...


Today is a new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers
Jackie is hosting this and the theme is Floral Profusion!
We would love to see your creations covered in flowers .. lots of flowers!!
As always, anything you make is fine as long as it fits the theme
Please read the rules and take note of our '15 Challenge Limit'

This is my contribution:
as well as a commission
  • I began with a white 8" square card and added a mat of gold mirri card
  • I then embossed another piece of white card with the cascading hearts embossing folder and used a corner punch to all 4 corners
  • Using 2 of the pierced oval frames dies, I cut and embossed a frame 3 times and adhered these together, added mounting foam to the back, prior to adding the frame to the centre of my card
  • I cut all the petals for the flowers by hand, shaped them then added several shades of distress inks to each one
  • I made a 'floppy' bow with white satin ribbon and attached it within the oval then added the flowers
  • The leaves were left over from a previous card and I covered them with diamond snow
  • I also added strands of pearls to the flower arrangement and pearl hearts to one corner of the card and one pearl heart to the sentiment
  • The personal sentiment was typed then die cut and glued to the card and to complete I inserted a personal verse
INGREDIENTS:
  • gold mirri and white card ~ my stash
  • corner punch ~ my stash
  • satin ribbon ~ my stash
  • pearl strands and hearts ~ my stash
  • cascading hearts embossing folder ~ Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions
  • pierced oval dies ~ SW for CE
  • pierced flag dies ~ SW for CE
  • diamond snow ~ Glitter Jewells - CE
  • tattered rose, victorian velvet, spun sugar ~ Distress Inks by Ranger
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration
 I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message
June x

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful June. Great layout. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful June. Love the pale pink pop of colour against the black and white background .. looks so lovely!! Love the gold touches too .. elegant and beautiful card! Have a lovely day!! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning Card June

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: