Followers

Friday 25 August 2017

FESTIVE FRIDAY 4

Hello and welcome...
It's quite alarming how the weeks fly by, 4 weeks ago I started 'Festive Friday'!

Today's card is actually a 'blast from the past' as I've had a busy week (not being well and we had the pretty 2 tier cake etc).  The card was also a commission

This is an 8" square ivory card, I cut a smaller piece of the same card and embossed it then added dries clear glue to the edges and sprinkled diamond snow glitter around them

I covered another piece of ivory card with a piece of  double sided adhesive then added gilding flakes and burnished the flakes in with a rubit scrubit.  As only a border would be showing I removed the 'inside' and will/would use it for another project.  The border is all the same colours, it's the angle of the card makes the top half look darker!

I used the same two bauble dies that were on last week's card to die cut and emboss in gold mirri

A rope style gold ribbon was attached to the top of the baubles and secured behind the gilding flakes border

I typed a personal sentiment on white paper (should have used ivory/cream) and adhered it to the centre of the larger bauble

I also added a personal verse to the inside

INGREDIENTS:
  • ivory card ~ Craft UK
  • embossing folder ~ 'sprigs of holly' Crafter's Companion
  • cosmic shimmer dries clear glue ~ Creative Expressions (CE)
  • diamond snow ~ glitter jewels CE
  • gilding flakes ~ 'mulled wine' CE
  • double sided adhesive ~ Woodware
  • rubit scrubit ~ Ranger
  • baubles ~ CE (2016 collection)
  • gold rope ribbon ~ my stash
  • platinum machine ~ Spellbinders
Thank you for taking the time to visit, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message.
June x

3 comments:

  1. it IS another beautiful card June BUT, Im one of these people who dont think about Christmas until the week before Christmas lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, June - this is a good design to use for batch making.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card June. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: