Followers

Thursday, 29 June 2017

ONE PIECE MISSING

Hello and welcome...
We have a fun card for you today
I used a pre-cut blank jigsaw and coloured the background in 2 of the new Distress Oxide Inks.  I stamped the owl image, and the 3 sentiments that are part of this set, onto the jigsaw base using Jet Black StazOn.  I coloured the owl using several ink pens as well as using white ModgePodge on the eyes. Prior to adhering the stamped jigsaw to white card, leaving a narrow border,  I removed one of the jigsaw pieces, and matted the focal point onto paper that I distressed around all the edges and curled the top right corner.  This was then adhered to the blue pearlised  card base at a jaunty angle.  I then added mounting foam to the removed piece of jigsaw and adhered it to the bottom right of the design as well as popping a ladybird on top of it.  I sorted a few wooden strawberries, coloured them then glued them into place.  I also added a few ladybirds and 2 gold metal butterflies.  A fun card on what was another wet and cold day
INGREDIENTS:
  • pearlised blue card base ~ Crafter's Companion
  • backing paper ~ free with an old craft magazine
  • blank jigsaw puzzle ~ Woodware
  • Owl stamp ~ Woodware
  • ladybirds ~ Woodware
  • butterflies ~ Hobby House
  • wooden strawberries ~ Hobby House
  • Jet Black Ink Pad ~ StazOn/Tsukineko
  • Broken China, Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Ink Pads ~ Ranger
  • Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn ~ Distress Markers/Ranger
  • Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear PVA Glue ~ Creative Expressions
  • Wink Of Stella
  • White ModgePodge
  • Summer Sun,Warm Sunset, Bubble Gum, Crimson Red, Spring Meadow, Grass Green, Hot Cocoa, Bark, Deep Black ~ Chameleon Pens Colour Tones
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message.
June x

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card it makes me smile just looking at it. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message

Although I am unable to reply to your comments on my blog I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

Thank you, I hope you have a great day June x