Followers

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Hello and welcome...

Today's card is white based card, 12.5cm x 18.cm (5"x7")

I   covered the card with a floral mask and, using a sponge applicator, I applied one of the Distress Oxides in 'worn lipstick' over the entire card

I then added a little Cosmic Shimmer Mica Pigment in Lime Frost to the shimmer spray bottle, and sprayed over the inked area.  The water activates the distress oxide ink and the mica powder adds a delicate shimmer, not quite visible on camera today but 'in the flesh' it is.  I put this to one side and left it to dry naturally

I stamped a verse using Adirondack Earthtones in Pitch Black onto a lightweight pink card.  I die cut this using one of the Noble Doubled Pierced Ovals and adhered it in the card.  I die cut another piece of the same pink card and adhered it on the opposite side of the card inner.  I used some of my 'left-over' card stock for this                

Instead of reaching for a full piece of card stock I am using my 'left-over' card pieces as much as possible,  This is one good way to use them
I also used a small flower punch and punched 5 flowers out of white card, another way to use left-over card, and glued them around the verse and glued a gold sequin to the centres

I stamped and embossed a sentiment, from the Sweet Sentiment Range by Creative Expressions, onto the same pink card stock, using a VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and WOW Embossing Powder in Metallic Copper

Using several dies from the Marvellous Squares by Spellbinders I used the 3rd one to die cut the sentiment and used wet glue to adhere this to the card, at a 'jaunty' angle

I stamped and embossed a sentiment, from the Sweet Sentiment Range by Creative Expressions, onto the same pink card stock, using a VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and WOW Embossing Powder in Metallic Copper

Using several dies from the Marvellous Squares by Spellbinders I used the 3rd one to die cut the sentiment and used wet glue to adhere this to the card, at a 'jaunty' angle

I used the 2nd and 3rd die, from the same set, to cut and embossed a frame on white card.  I did this 3 times and glued these together then added mounting foam to the back to give me a raised frame to place over the sentiment


To complete I applied a thick line of Collall 3D Glue around one side of the frame and arranged the pink, ivory and white flowers

Decorated corner of envelope
Ingredients for today's card
 










INGREDIENTS:
  • White and pink card stock ~ my stash
  • mask ~ unknown
  • Distress Oxide ~ Ranger
  • Adirondack Ink Pad ~ Ranger
  • VersaMark Ink Pad ~ Tsukineko
  • Majestic Squares Die Set ~ Spellbinders
  • Platinum Die Cutting Machine ~ Spellbinders
  • Flowers ~ Wild Orchard Crafts
  • Sentiments ~ Creative Expressions (CE)
  • Noble Pierced Oval Die Set ~ CE
  • Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue ~ CE
  • Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Mica Pigments Powder/Lime Frost ~ CE
  • Collall 3D Glue ~ Crafter's Companion
  • Metallic Copper Embossing Powder ~ WOW
  • Flower punch ~ Woodware
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope my designs have given a little inspiration.
I read all your comments and really appreciate you leaving me a message.
June x

1 comment:

  1. Hi June
    Beautiful card. The flowers are lovely.
    Roses look so much better than wisteria, don't you think?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: