Followers

Monday 24 April 2017

BE HAPPY AND SMILE - #187 PEARLS AND/OR GEMS CHALLENGE

Hi, thanks for stopping by...
Today is the start of a new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers
and this is my contribution to the theme
This is an 8"x7" card base.  I used 'Bubble Bloom' Clear Stamp for the main focal point and stamped this using Ranger's Clear Perfect Medium Ink Pad then applied Cosmic Shimmer 'True White' Detailed Embossing Powder and heat set it. I applied Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud in 'Chic Aubergine', 'Chic Magenta' and 'Chic Grey Blue and used  smoothies for each individual colour as a background for the focal element.  I also used 'Chic Aubergine' on the base card, creating a border to match one of the background colours.  I removed the colour from the circles on the stems using a fine paintbrush and bleach, when dry I added flat back pearls to each circle.
I stamped the sentiment onto white card and used the 'Chic Aubergine' to ink the stamp then die cut it using one of the sets from the 'Indian Ocean Collection' - 'Tag Duo.'
To complete I added a double row of flat back pearls as shown below



Please pop over to Crafty Cardmakers to see what my 'teamies' have designed and why not enter your own card to the challenge?  The link is shown below:





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I read all your comments and appreciate you leaving me a message and hope my designs give a little inspiration
June x
INGREDIENTS:
  • Woodware 'Bubble Bloom' Clear Stamp
  • Ranger Clear Perfect Medium Ink Pad
  • Cosmic Shimmer True White Embossing Powder/Creative Expressions
  • Smoothies/Creative Expressions
  • Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud/Creative Expressions
  • Indian Ocean Collection - Tag Duo by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions
  • Flat back pearls/Creative Expressions
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Challenge # 146  Not A Square Card - Addicted-To-Stamps

7 comments:

  1. This is really nice. Im sure its not as intricate as it sounds. I AM intrigued with the use of "bleach" and wouldnt mind knowing how that is done. As im viewing via a fone i cant see the black flat back pearls and thought theyd be visible in the close up - sadly i can not see them :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're flat backed pearls Pam, not black lol. You shouldn't wear anything decent clothing when you're doing bleaching, as I can testify lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card June, so pretty! Love the background colours, and the way you framed your focal point looks wonderful!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty floral card, thanks so much for joining in our 'I spy' theme at Allsorts this week. Please can you add our challenge name and link to your post so you are eligible for the prize draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenda, I have replied to your email message :)

    Many thanks

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining in at Allsorts, took me a while to find the card though as you have not inked the post. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and it sounds so complicated but boy, it sure was worth if it was. Love it!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message, I really appreciate you taking the time to write to me. Should you need further information about today's post or wish to order a card please email me at:

poppyfieldcardcrafts@outlook.com

I hope you have a great day June x

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace center in line 4 with the new position as listed below: