Tuesday, 30 August 2016
I would like to add this to:
MAWTT - CAS Challenge Blog
This is my final CAS card design for MAWTT. For some reason I'm unable to load the previous card to MAWTT hence I've designed a totally different card and hope to succeed in adding it to their blog challenge!
I blocked a border with easy lift off tape, by Creative Expressions, on a piece of white card stock measuring 8.5" x 3". I used 4 Ranger Distress Inks - 'Broken China', 'Mustard Seed', 'Spiced Marmalade' and 'Victorian Velvet' and using my ink dusters by Inkylicious created a subtle background. Next, from my stash, I used a stamp by Clarity to stamp3 images (second generation stamping). A second Clarity stamp from my stash was also stamped (second generation) as I wanted to show a few flowers and I used a ProMarker in 'Poppy' to colour the flower heads
I then created a narrow black mat for the panel and finally added this centre panel to a white card base that I had also added a narrow black mat, then white card. Finished card measures 10"x6"
All for now...
Saturday, 27 August 2016
I started with an 8"x 8" white card base and added a black matt. I then embossed the background with another piece of white card. I used 3 distress inks to create the sunbeam. The sentiment was stamped on white card with black ink and I die cut this and highlighted it whilst it was still in the die with the blue ink I'd previously used. I added foam tape to the sentiment to add dimension and to finish I added 4 blue pearl brads to each corner
white and black card
Sunbeam Burst Embossing Folder by Crafter's Companion
King of Dads stamp by Woodware
Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Die
Ranger Distress Inks in 'Broken China', 'Victorian Velvet' & 'Spiced Marmalade'
Smoothies by Creative Expressions
Brads by Hobby House
All for now...
This is my third and final entry to:
MAWTT - CAS
I matted and layered a piece of red mirri card and pearlised card (by Crafter's Companion) onto my base 5"x7" pearlised card. I then embossed another piece of pearlised card using an embossing folder by Crafter's Companion and cut a strip to matt onto a piece of red mirri card.
I cut and embossed a poppy die (Creative Expressions) twice but kept only the flower head from one. I also cut and embossed the filigree vase also from Creative Expressions. I used a small piece of pale blue card behind the vase to give the impression of it being filled with water, moulded the vase slightly before I adhered it over the blue card. I then coloured the leaves and stem of the flower and covered the flower head with Ranger's Glossy Accents and repeated this to the other flower head and put it to one side to dry overnight. The sentiment is stamped in Adirondack 'Pitch Black'. When the flower heads were completely dry I attached the single head to the main flower, added a small black gem to the centre and tweaked the flower to give it a natural look and added the embossed strip to the side of the card
All for now...